Thursday, March 12, 2015

Goals - a Reappraisal to Come

So I was feeling kind of down yesterday because I haven’t been keeping up to my goals.  I really have 5 main goals that I am working towards:

  • Run 20 miles/ week
  • Read 52 books this year
  • Blog regularly
  • Makeover diet to the ‘Slow Carb Diet’ (and lose 15 pounds and cook more)
  • Pay off credit card debt
In the next few days I’ll go into some more detail on the goals are, try and analyze what has worked and hasn’t and come up with a game plan for addressing them.  There are some that having glaring errors in them already… not being specific enough, or one goal encompassing 4 things. Sheesh.

I do think it’s good to recognize when a goal is achieved though, and yesterday I ran 5 miles!  To help with the 20 miles/ week goal I signed up for 2 half-marathon runs this Spring, and the first is  the St. Lukes Half on April 26th.  My friend Haley invited me to Philadelphia, and I’m excited to see her and go with her.  I managed to break free of the treadmill and run outside which was glorious.  Sadly, the terrain was not quite as steady (read: easy) as my treadmill runs, and my running was pretty inconsistent – I had a few miles faster than my treadmill norm, but I also had a few more walking breaks.  All in all it’s still a win though, and getting out in the Spring sunshine was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment